Forum 2017-04-10T16:14:40+00:00

New to the area, new to the game  

RSS

Par
 Par
06/11/2017 11:39 pm  

Hi!

I’m new to the hobby, was wondering if anyone could help me get started with some quick games of 40k to get a better grasp of the game? I know the lore, been learning about it for the last few years actually - I even painted up a squad of BA’s a couple of years ago, we did that for physical rehabilitation through the VA, but I never actually started playing with the other guys...

Now that my physical condition have taken yet another dive and I can no longer do the things I used to do for fun etc, figured a new hobby was in order...new 8th edition rules AND a new Tyranid Codex? I’ve always been partial to the bugs, I jumped on it and noticed after about 2 minutes of “Google-Fu” that you guys are just right up the road 👍🏻

Anyone feeling up to bringing their armies, letting me get familiarized with the rules etc?

ReplyQuote
Par
 Par
07/11/2017 8:44 pm  

Also worth mentioning;

I will be starting to collect/base/paint what models I need/want ASAP after the Codex drops on Friday, HOWEVER, due to neurological damage sustained in the sandbox - using a brush is not really possible for me and I’ve little to no experience with airbrushing so...

Anyone feeling up to helping me with different Tyranid army lists, assembly and building, drilling and magnetizing, airbrushing all that jazz...feel free to hit me up via phone and/or email if this is something you wouldn’t mind helping me out with?

I live less than 2 miles away from the store, about 10-12 minutes out so let me know...I can use all the help and advice you are willing to offer 😊

nilsbrohage@icloud.com

(325) 430-4478

Edited: 2 weeks  ago

ReplyQuote
Darthdaddy
Trusted Member
09/11/2017 6:23 am  

Hello, have you stopped by the shop yet? We have several Tyranid players who would love to help. We are a pretty friendly group. As for the airbrush we have a beginner class every so often at the shop. Not using one myself I am useless in that regard. I just saw your post and wanted to welcome you to our community. I play 40K Black Templar and 30K World Eaters. Friday nights are 40K night. Come on by and say hello. 

Sincerely 

Scott Hill/Darthdaddy

ReplyQuote
Par
 Par
09/11/2017 10:05 am  

I will do just that as soon as HH6 has a few minutes to spare - I can no longer drive myself, legs don’t really obey me as they should...

ReplyQuote
Par
 Par
10/11/2017 6:42 pm  

I will do my best to be there Saturday or Sunday  evening - I’ve got a few questions;

1) can I fit my tacticool walker inside the store without being too much of a bother?

2) who’s the proverbial “resident entomologist” here in the Springs area?

3) do you guys have a competitive ITC team or local hero etc?

I have more questions obviously, being a noob and all - I was hoping the local “entomologists” drinks beer and don’t mind sharing their knowledge 😊

ReplyQuote
Darthdaddy
Trusted Member
14/11/2017 3:32 pm  

The guy you want to ask is Chris Vineski. He plays the tournament scene with his Nids, and will be able to answer your questions whatever they may be. He's our local physicist, retired AF, and Tyranid expert. He's also really nice, and always willing to help a new player. 

ReplyQuote
Par
 Par
16/11/2017 3:54 am  

I’ll try to find him on Friday/Saturday which ever is better for 40k plays...thank you 👍🏻

ReplyQuote
Darthdaddy
Trusted Member
18/11/2017 6:20 am  

He's usually there on Friday night. Happy to help. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register