Forum 2017-04-10T16:14:40+00:00

8th Ed Escalation League Oct 2-Dec 22 2017  

Page 8 / 10 Prev Next
  RSS

Shea
 Shea
09/11/2017 2:03 pm  
Posted by: Watch Captain Enoch

Still need rosters and reports. Friday is last day to play for the 55 power weeks. Here is the Mission for Machon Secondus.

Mike, a question on this mission.

"To deactivate the device a model must be in base contact with it for an entire round."

1. Can the model/unit in base contact do anything whilst it is deactivating the unit?  Fight, overwatch, repel boarders, post on snapchat, etc?

2. Entire round?  Example:  Player one, turn one starts, end of movement phase some Scions drop on top of the objective.  Player one turn one completes.  Player one, turn two begins.  Has the device been deactivated and can be moved? 

3.  If player one has models in base contact and player two has models in base contact, who is deactivating and who can move it? 

4.  If I smoke the unit/model carrying the piece before it makes it back to the deployment zone does it just drop on the ground?

Thanks 🙂

The Emperor Commands Us.
Dorn Guides Us.
Honor Shields Us.

Fear Our Name.
For it is Vengeance.
-Black Templars

ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
Estimable Member
10/11/2017 3:10 am  

1) Yes the unit in base contact can attack and what not  so long as  it does not move from base contact(including if it piles in and moves from base contact no longer counts)

2) Yes the entire round. So the unit has  to have had started  the round  in base contact for that round to count.  In your example the  scions would have to wait one more round.

3) Once the round requirement for deactivation occurs, the device is able to be claimed by  which ever unit claims it first. If two units are in base  contact, then the unit that's turn it is will get to move it first.

4)  Yes, if the unit carrying the device dies  it just drops and can be picked up later. 

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. " - Carl Jung

ReplyQuote
Trevian
Eminent Member
10/11/2017 4:38 pm  
Posted by: Shea
Posted by: Trevian

I didn't get my game in on Monday, does anyone who is playing this Friday want to get a game played in the afternoon before the store gets busy?

I need to get a game in on Friday.  What time are you thinking?

Can you be there at 2:00?

That would be my ideal time, but I have the day off of work so I can be there any time if you can't do 2.   I would prefer to not play after 5:00 if at all possible; it gets pretty crowded in there on Friday night.

ReplyQuote
Shea
 Shea
10/11/2017 7:13 pm  

I will try to get down there by 2.

The Emperor Commands Us.
Dorn Guides Us.
Honor Shields Us.

Fear Our Name.
For it is Vengeance.
-Black Templars

Trevian liked
ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
Estimable Member
10/11/2017 9:33 pm  

I  should be in around 5pm. If  you want  just leave your table set  up for the  Escalation that will help. 

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. " - Carl Jung

ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
Estimable Member
11/11/2017 3:17 am  

Had some good games tonight

Jacob 13 points

Lucas  12 points

Mark 9 points (Collected piece of Septuaginta)

Shea 12 points

So unless we have more  games reported to me  before Monday the winners for the battle of Machon Primus is

David, Jacob S and John Q. Congratulations. I will arrange for Gift Certificates to be filled out Monday, $7 each.

ReplyQuote
Kaldor Draigo
Eminent Member
12/11/2017 5:49 pm  

Does anyone have time for a league game this coming Monday? Im free all day

ReplyQuote
Trevian
Eminent Member
14/11/2017 2:14 am  

1) Yes the unit in base contact can attack and what not  so long as  it does not move from base contact(including if it piles in and moves from base contact no longer counts)

2) Yes the entire round. So the unit has  to have had started  the round  in base contact for that round to count.  In your example the  scions would have to wait one more round.

3) Once the round requirement for deactivation occurs, the device is able to be claimed by  which ever unit claims it first. If two units are in base  contact, then the unit that's turn it is will get to move it first.

4)  Yes, if the unit carrying the device dies  it just drops and can be picked up later. 

For question #2, in the example a unit got into base contact with the 'piece' in round one and can't collect it on round 2, so round 3 is the first round it can be collected.  With the piece going off at the end of round 3, in which case nobody wins, it seems like one unit has to be on the piece round one and survive continuously to round 3.  This seems very difficult; is this the way it is intended to be?

Another question in addition to the above.  If the piece has not been moved back to a deployment zone by the end of the game, does the player who has the piece at the end of the game get the one victory point for having the piece?

Edited: 1 week  ago

ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
Estimable Member
14/11/2017 3:02 am  

It is intended to be that way yes. You will need to have a sense of urgency and perhaps an uneasy seize fire of sorts with the enemy until the piece is collected (which is  understandable, it is an exterminatus device) There is  no victory point associated with the device as far as winning the game, it is worth 1 league point though. I suggest attaching  it to a swift moving unit and advancing it until its in  your deployment zone, otherwise it is simply lost.  

ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
Estimable Member
14/11/2017 3:04 am  

My Roster for  the Battle of  Machon Secondus
Patrol Detachment
HQ- Captain in Terminator Armour w/relic blade and storm bolter 8 power
HQ- Librarian in Terminator Armor w/Force Axe 9 Power
Troops- Deathwatch Kill Team    9 power
          Watch Sergeant-  Plasma Gun and Stormshield
            Deathwatch Veteran  #1 - Stalker Pattern Boltgun
            Deathwatch Veteran  #2-4 - Missile Launcher
                  Deathwatch Kill Team 9 power 
          Watch Sergeant- Stalker Pattern Bolter and Power Fist
          Deathwatch Veteran 1@2- Infernus Heavybolters
          Deathwatch Veteran 3- Deathwatch Frag Cannon
          Deathwatch Veteran 4- Plasma Gun and Bolt pistol

Transport - Razorback  w/Twin Lascannon  5 power
                   Hunter Killer Missile
                   Storm Bolter
Elite- Deathwatch Vanguard Veterans w/Heavy Thunder Hammers 10 power
Fast  Attack- Deathwatch Bikers    5  power
                     Biker Sergeant- Power Maul
                     Biker #1-2- Power Sword

Flyer- Corvus Blackstar 12 power
Power-67 

ReplyQuote
Trevian
Eminent Member
14/11/2017 11:56 pm  
Posted by: Kaldor Draigo

Does anyone have time for a league game this coming Monday? Im free all day

I like playing Monday but couldn't be there that Monday; this upcoming Monday at 4:30?

ReplyQuote
Trevian
Eminent Member
15/11/2017 12:00 am  

It is intended to be that way yes. You will need to have a sense of urgency and perhaps an uneasy seize fire of sorts with the enemy until the piece is collected (which is  understandable, it is an exterminatus device) There is  no victory point associated with the device as far as winning the game, it is worth 1 league point though. I suggest attaching  it to a swift moving unit and advancing it until its in  your deployment zone, otherwise it is simply lost.  

Got it; if you don't get the piece to your zone it is lost.

I predict quite a few games ending with the piece blowing up, but the teams that manage to get the piece will have glorious tales of victory!

ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
Estimable Member
15/11/2017 7:04 am  

You might be right, and it will be good feedback if that does occur. However, it is very doable if you focus on the objective.

ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
Estimable Member
16/11/2017 7:32 am  

I won't be in Friday at all because I going to a holiday dance with the wife. Please send me 70 power rosters also.

ReplyQuote
DarkAngelRetribution
16/11/2017 7:40 pm  

Hello all,

I am checking who can be there to play Monday the 20th in the afternoon, probably around 430-445 to play our games. Andy and his gross Nurgle army  will need to play against someone as this is his only day to play due to work. I have a game scheduled right now so if someone would be able to play Andy at that time, hopefully the Watch Captain will be there just in case 🙂

thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 10 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register