Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

INQ Valeria
(@inq-valeria)
Eminent Member
11/01/2018 1:51 am  
  • When: Saturday February 17th, 2018. 0900-1800
  • Where: Hyatt Regency 13200 E 14th Pl, Aurora, CO 80011
  • Entrance Fee: $10 (plus day or weekend registration badge at the con)

Restrictions:

• Battalion Detachment ONLY. No other detachment may be selected, and armies must be battle forged.
  • Matched play rules will be in effect, including adjustments made in Chapter Approved. Beta matched play rules will also be in effect.
  • Models must have 4 colors of paint, minimum.

*Any codex that is released before Saturday January 20 supersedes all points values and rules of the indexes.  Units/models/wargear options not available in the codex that were available in the index are acceptable per the official Warhammer 40K index/codex flowchart.

*Any codex that is released between Saturday January 20 (4 weeks before the event) up to and including Saturday the 3rd of February (2 weeks before the event) MAY be played. This is optional; any player may choose to play with index forces instead. HOWEVER, if a player elects not to use a recently released codex points values/rules, they may not use any benefits therein (such as strategems, additional psychic powers, relics, etc).

*Official GW FAQs released up to and including Saturday the 3rd of February will be used in the event.

*Deployment: The player who finishes deploying first will have a +1 in a rolloff to determine which player goes first.

*Units deploying into reserve must be deployed last

*Missions will be a mix of Eternal War (points scored at the end of the game) and Progressive (points gathered during the game).

*Awards: Most Battle Points, Favorite Player, and Best Hobby.  Additionally, the Top Award will go to the Best Overall in all three categories. Maximum points in each category are: Battle Points (45), Hobby (20), and Sportsmanship (15). There will be no cash prizes.

To sign up, please visit:  www.coloradogaming.net

Go to “Buy Tickets for Events” then select Miniatures on Saturday, or search for event 39 directly

ReplyQuote
Rogue428
(@rogue428)
14/01/2018 11:51 pm  

Aaargh. Ya switched points on me...I can't just use what I did last time!! How dare you!! lol.

ReplyQuote
INQ Valeria
(@inq-valeria)
Eminent Member
15/01/2018 3:08 pm  
Posted by: Rogue428

Aaargh. Ya switched points on me...I can't just use what I did last time!! How dare you!! lol.

Haha.  I'm sure you will find a way. =)

Even with the long round times, we had too many games only getting to turn 3.  Thought we'd try to push more to a true completion this time around.

ReplyQuote
BFTrick
(@bftrick)
17/01/2018 2:23 am  

Hey all,

First post here. Heard about Gamer's Haven before and found this site through the event so that's awesome. 🙂

I started building a dreadmob before the rules were posted (I see how foolish this is in retrospect). Now that it's a month away I see it's battalion only. I've got Ork Mek Boss Buzzgob, Morkanaut, Gorkanaut, and a Meka Dread (and plenty of other heavies) all being built and they'll be painted on time without too much concern.

Any suggestions on what else I can build that's high points and a vehicle (easy to paint)? And/or is anyone going who could lend some models? 

ReplyQuote
Watch Captain Enoch
(@watch-captain-enoch)
Estimable Member
22/01/2018 3:51 am  

I don't know  orks, but if you live  in the area come in on a Friday night and you will get a chance to meet a lot of players. I am  sure someone would have a suggestion for you. Maybe some killa kans to go with those  Morka/Gorkanauts?

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. " - Carl Jung

ReplyQuote
BFTrick
(@bftrick)
22/01/2018 3:07 pm  

Thanks! I'll definitely be playing this list as I paint units up. Going to fill my heavies up with:

• Morkanaut
  • Gorkanaut
  • Meka-Dread

And to fill up the points DeffKoptas are quite expensive for the size of the model. ~80 points each so I'll be adding some of those to my list. It will be a struggle to get it all done but I'll figure it out. 🙂

ReplyQuote
INQ Valeria
(@inq-valeria)
Eminent Member
22/01/2018 8:50 pm  

Best of luck to you.  =)  I'm trying to stay ahead of getting the list I want to play painted for Adepticon myself, so I know how you feel.  I really want to see an all mech (mek) ork army on the table, just unfortunately can't make the exception for ya on this one. 

Not only will you find ork army advice in the store on fridays, but you may even find someone to loan you some boyz.  We've got good people at the Haven. 

ReplyQuote
Strawgoh
(@strawgoh)
28/01/2018 5:50 am  

For psychic powers ans warlord traits, will players be rolling for them or picking them?  And just to confirm - the detachment restriction means that no Flyers or Lords of War are allowed, right?  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Crimsonwraith
(@crimsonwraith)
02/02/2018 5:33 pm  

The Battalion Detachment allows 2 flyers, but no Lords of War.

What are the rules for alternate models? I have 4 scratch built rhinos, and I want to make sure they are legal before I sign up. 

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Rogue428
(@rogue428)
05/02/2018 7:08 am  
Posted by: Strawgoh

For psychic powers ans warlord traits, will players be rolling for them or picking them?  And just to confirm - the detachment restriction means that no Flyers or Lords of War are allowed, right?  Thanks!

You can take up to 2 flyers in a Battalion. FYI.

ReplyQuote
INQ Valeria
(@inq-valeria)
Eminent Member
05/02/2018 2:48 pm  
Posted by: Crimsonwraith

The Battalion Detachment allows 2 flyers, but no Lords of War.

What are the rules for alternate models? I have 4 scratch built rhinos, and I want to make sure they are legal before I sign up. 

Thanks.

Alternate models as a general rule are acceptable as long as there is both a good quality of craftsmanship and clear indication of what the model is meant to be without it having to be explained.  We have no qualms about 3rd party bits/miniatures provided they meet the above sentiment. 

Scratch-built models... if you have a link to pictures you could share, please do.  I have seen many quality scratch-built models, but there are also a good number I've seen that don't stand up to the craftsmanship expectation, so it's very hard to allow or disallow except on a case-by-case basis. 

Posted by: Strawgoh

As per the rulebook, players may roll or choose their psychic powers or warlord traits at their preference.  We aren't changing those rules.

You are correct that Lords of War are out, but flyers are okay, as the Battalion Detachment allows 2 Flyer slots. 

ReplyQuote
tremulous013
(@tremulous013)
05/02/2018 4:06 pm  

I have a question about the 4 color minimum, does the basing count? for example, a grey base coat, silver joints, red as a secondary color, and a sandy base?

ReplyQuote
Crimsonwraith
(@crimsonwraith)
07/02/2018 11:56 pm  
Posted by: INQ Valeria
Scratch-built models... if you have a link to pictures you could share, please do.  I have seen many quality scratch-built models, but there are also a good number I've seen that don't stand up to the craftsmanship expectation, so it's very hard to allow or disallow except on a case-by-case basis. 

ReplyQuote
INQ Valeria
(@inq-valeria)
Eminent Member
09/02/2018 2:12 pm  
Posted by: Crimsonwraith
Posted by: INQ Valeria

That's a tough one, to be honest.  I like the paint, I think it definitely looks like the front end of a tank, and I'd personally play you on a pickup game night... but it's missing the back half.  Is it half the length of a normal Rhino or is that just an optical illusion with the blunt back end?  If that model is about the right overall length for a normal Rhino and you agree not to do any hiding-behind-terrain shenanigans that you couldn't do with the normal model, then we're all good.  If it's significantly shorter front to back, I would have to say no, unfortunately.  

Posted by: tremulous013

I have a question about the 4 color minimum, does the basing count? for example, a grey base coat, silver joints, red as a secondary color, and a sandy base?

Sure.

ReplyQuote
Crimsonwraith
(@crimsonwraith)
09/02/2018 2:32 pm  

It is as long as a chaos rhino and slightly wider.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register