Forum 2017-04-10T16:14:40+00:00

Raid 2017  

RSS

Wraith
11/05/2017 1:24 am  

ALCON,

If we run a Raid game this winter, I wanted to get some input from the group before I start scenario designing.

1) What were the goods/bads from the last couple of Raid games we've had?

2) Are there any elements (units/terrain) or scenario rules you'd like to see added? Removed?

3) Should the Raid theme remain focused on the Captain America vs. Hydra theme?  Should it branch off/add other sci -fi/weird war 2 themes (like stop the evil germans and their zombies/recover the alien tech from a crashed UFO)?  Focus more on historical WW2 raids?

4) Should we run the Raid game in V4?  Pros: Easy to reference Unit cards for units.  Keep everyone in line with current version.  Cons: I don't know, I haven't run a V4 game so I can't speak to this, but I'm sure there might be some.

Please let me know your thoughts.  Just trying to get a feel for everyone's thoughts after a several years of Raid games.  Thanks. 

"And should the Machine Spirit still fail to be roused, strikest it with the blessed hammer, not once, not twice, but thrice. Repeating the holy chant, "START YOU BASTARD START", Blessed is the machine."

FoW: USA, Germans (WWI & II)
Team Yankee: Soviets, USA
30k: Solar Auxilia, Imperial Fists, Mechanicum, and Legio Custodes
40k: Farsight Tau, AdMech
SW-Armada: Imperials and Rebels
Halo Fleet Battles: UNSC and Covenant
Halo Ground Command: Covenant

ReplyQuote
Klute
Eminent Member
14/05/2017 2:27 pm  

Looking forward to the yearly Raid.....

The Captain America and Hydro has been fun.   

Would be interesting to add in a beach / water landing to the game and our a mountains.   Get those commandos, funnies, and mountaineers some table time...

Since we are all merging to V4, I would suggest avoiding confusion.   Just my thoughts...

ReplyQuote
Wraith
14/05/2017 3:18 pm  

Copy all Dave.  I'll keep the focus on the SSR/Hydra fight, but add some new elements for this years game.

I'll take a look at some of those units and see what scenarios I can come up with, as well as start drafting V4 cards for the units.

Thanks.

"And should the Machine Spirit still fail to be roused, strikest it with the blessed hammer, not once, not twice, but thrice. Repeating the holy chant, "START YOU BASTARD START", Blessed is the machine."

FoW: USA, Germans (WWI & II)
Team Yankee: Soviets, USA
30k: Solar Auxilia, Imperial Fists, Mechanicum, and Legio Custodes
40k: Farsight Tau, AdMech
SW-Armada: Imperials and Rebels
Halo Fleet Battles: UNSC and Covenant
Halo Ground Command: Covenant

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register